DERBY DAY – Participation Form
First Annual Derby Day
April 30, 2022
9 am to 9 pm
Goals of the Event:
- Bring the ladies downtown to shop shop shop
- Have FUN! (girls just wanna have fun) especially as we come out of the pandemic
- Create a collaborative spirit between all Bay Street businesses.
How You Can Participate:
- Have special food and/or drink special
- Offer a discount for the day
- Donate an item to the raffle baskets (there will be four of them)
- Donate items for the goodie bags * we will be making 700 goodie bags but we will take whatever you have
- Other – we would love your creative ideas . . . could be a selfie station, a class of some kind, any special offers that you think would appeal to the ladies on that day
Derby Committee members will be picking up the participation forms the first week of April.
Benefits of your participation:
- Exposure in the Derby Day walking map, which will include a listing of all participating businesses and events
- Posters to be posted in all participating businesses in advance
- Social media promo video that you can use on your own social media
- Paid social media campaign to draw visitors and customers from neighboring communities — more SALES, more EXPOSURE for your business, more FUN!
- Attend an “after party” on Tuesday, May 3rd for all participating businesses at Peninsula BevCo from 5 – 8 pm, your first beverage will be only $1. Come celebrate with us! RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Fashion Shows at 12:00 hosted by Revival, Gigi’s, Hippie Witch, Twice around the Closet and Keelees Kloset
- Beverages will be served
- Ticket price $10.00 for fashion show; 25% of which will be donated to Scarlet Road, an non-profit organization helping the victims of sex trafficking and abuse.
- 700 Goodie Bags to be handed out by Fire Fighters from 10 – 2 at a central location.
- Each business will have a few to hand out as well
- Each goodie bag will contain 4 raffle tickets for a basket full of great items donated by local businesses.
- Raffle Baskets to be placed strategically at local establishments to encourage ladies to come in and enter to win.
- Walking map flyers will be placed in the goodie bags.
- Each business will get a poster to put in their window.
Please fill out the form below and let us know what specials/discounts/really cool things you will have that we can promote. Don’t forget to promote the event to your customers and on your social media.
All downtown businesses can participate in Derby Day, however POBSA members only will receive printed advertising as participants. Contact us if you have any questions.
Get Your DERBY HAT and Open Your Doors for a BIG welcome back!!