Entries to be displayed October 13 – October 27, 2018
Pre-Registration Begins October 1, 2018 OPEN TO EVERYONE Win Prizes! OFFICIAL SCARECROW CONTEST RULES
- Contest is open to all ages, individuals, families, clubs, groups & businesses.
- All entrants agree to allow use of their name(s) and photos for promotional purposes. Entrants under 18 must have parent or guardian signature below.
- Any materials may be used, but use of perishable foods is discouraged.
- Entries must be appropriate for a community, family event – no politics, no gore, etc.
- Categories are: Traditional (old clothes, like you’d find in a corn field), Open (humorous, scary, creative), Youth (Open, U14 – adult assistance allowed, but should be youth’s creation), Business/Non-Profit (Open, 11x17 advertising allowed as part of display)
- Entries must be sturdy and freestanding. Each display may be up to 5’ wide by 8’ high.
- You may enter a single scarecrow in as many categories as you choose.
- Powered (i.e. electric) kinetic displays are not allowed.
- Once your entry form has been received, the committee will assign you an entry tag with a number that you must visibly affix to your scarecrow.
- Contest entries may be dropped off for display between October 13th and October 26th from 11 am to 6:00 pm at the Port Orchard Public Market. Awards ceremony will take place on October 27th at 3 pm at the Port Orchard Public Market. Pickup your entries from October 28 to November 1, after which we will dispose of the displays.
- Winners for each category will be determined by a committee appointed by the Port Orchard Bay Street Association. Judges decisions are final. (People’s choice voting will begin October 16th, so get your display up as early as possible to be eligible!)
POBSA @ PO Box 8581 Port Orchard, WA 98366
Or drop it off at
Port Orchard Public Market at The Dock Bar & Eatery or Sue’s Juice Bar & Sandwich Shop
Port Orchard Library
Olde Central Antique Mall
The N9NE &Co