Entries to be displayed October 19 – November 4, 2020
Pre-Registration Begins September 28, 2020 OPEN TO EVERYONE Win Prizes! OFFICIAL SCARECROW CONTEST RULES
- Contest is open to all ages, individuals, families, clubs, groups & businesses.
- All entrants agree to allow use of their name(s) and photos for promotional purposes. Entrants under 18 must have parent or guardian signature below.
- Any materials may be used, but perishable foods are discouraged.
- Entries must be appropriate for a community, family event – no politics, no gore, etc.
- Categories are: Traditional (old clothes, like you’d find in a corn field), Open (humorous, scary, creative), Youth (Open, U14 – adult assistance allowed, but should be youth’s creation), Business/Non-Profit (Open, 11×17 advertising allowed as part of display)
- Entries must be sturdy and freestanding. Each display may be up to 3’ wide by 8’ high.
- You may enter a single scarecrow in as many categories as you choose.
- Powered (i.e. electric) kinetic displays are not allowed.
- Once your entry form has been received, the committee will assign you an entry tag with a number that you must visibly affix to your scarecrow.
- Contest entries may be dropped off for display between October 19th and October 26th from 11 am to 6:00 pm at the Port Orchard Public Market. Awards ceremony will be announced on November 2nd. Pickup your entries from November 4-6th, after which the displays will be disposed of.
- Winners for each category will be determined by a committee appointed by the Port Orchard Bay Street Association. Judges decisions are final. (People’s choice voting will begin October 26th, so get your display up by then for the most opportunities for votes!)