PORT ORCHARD SCARECROW CONTEST
Entries to be displayed no later than October 19th to at least NOVEMBER 7th, 2022
OPEN TO EVERYONE –OFFICIAL SCARECROW CONTEST RULES
Pre-Registration Begins October 1, 2022
Change!! Downtown businesses who create a scarecrow can display in their business. Organizations, individuals or businesses with no downtown storefront can arrange with a downtown business to display their scarecrow OR display at the Port Orchard Market! Let us know below!
1. Contest is open to all ages, individuals, families, clubs, groups & businesses.
2. All entrants agree to allow use of their name(s) and photos for promotional purposes.
3. Any materials may be used but perishable foods are discouraged.
4. Entries must be appropriate for a community, family event – no politics, no gore, etc.
5. Categories are: Family/Individual, Business, Not for Profit Organization.
6. Entries must be sturdy and freestanding. Each display may be up to 3’ wide by 8’ high.
7. Powered (i.e. electric) kinetic displays are not allowed.
8. Please indicate below the location you want your scarecrow displayed—you will receive instructions upon registering regarding an entry number that you must visibly affix to your scarecrow. Please keep in mind ideally the scarecrows should be displayed in a window OR near the door for maximum visibility, especially if business is not open every day.
9. Contest entries must be registered and on display by October 19th to be part of judging. Judges awards will be announced on October 29th. Scarecrow entries displayed at the PO Market must be picked up no later than November 14th!
10. Winners for each category will be determined by a committee appointed by the Port Orchard Bay Street Association. Judges decisions are final.
People’s choice voting will begin October 22nd, so get your display up by then for the most opportunities for votes! People’s choice voting will take place at the Port Orchard Market, Peninsula BevCo and Josephine’s Mercantile.
Fill out the registration form below or download, fill out and return to email@example.com or drop off at:
Port Orchard Public Market at The Dock Bar & Eatery, Sue’s Juice Bar & Sandwich Shop
To enter, fill out the entry form online, email it or drop it off
Port Orchard Public Market at
The Dock Bar & Eatery
Sue’s Juice Bar & Sandwich Shop
Get in Touch
PO Box 8581
Port Orchard, Washington