PORT ORCHARD SCARECROW CONTEST
Entries to be displayed no later than October 22nd to at least NOVEMBER 7th, 2021
OPEN TO EVERYONE –OFFICIAL SCARECROW CONTEST RULES
Pre-Registration Begins October 1, 2021
Change!! We encourage downtown businesses who create a scarecrow to display it in their business. Organizations, individuals or businesses with no downtown storefront can arrange with a downtown business to display at their business. OR scarecrows can be displayed at the Port Orchard Market! Let us know below!
1. Contest is open to all ages, individuals, families, clubs, groups & businesses.
2. All entrants agree to allow use of their name(s) and photos for promotional purposes. Entrants under 18 must have parent or guardian signature below.
3. Any materials may be used but perishable foods are discouraged.
4. Entries must be appropriate for a community, family event – no politics, no gore, etc.
5. Categories are: Traditional (old clothes, like you’d find in a corn field), Open (humorous, scary, creative), Youth (Open, U14 – adult assistance allowed, but should be youth’s creation), Business/Non-Profit (Open, 11×17 advertising allowed as part of display)
6. Entries must be sturdy and freestanding. Each display may be up to 3’ wide by 8’ high.
7. You may enter only one single scarecrow, but you may enter it in as many categories as you choose.
8. Powered (i.e. electric) kinetic displays are not allowed.
9. Please indicate below the location you want your scarecrow displayed—you will receive instructions upon registering regarding an entry number that you must visibly affix to your scarecrow. Please keep in mind ideally the scarecrows should be displayed in a window near the door for maximum visibility, especially if business is not open every day.
10. Contest entries must be registered and on display by October 22nd to be part of judging. Judges awards will be announced on October 30th. Scarecrow entries displayed at the PO Market must be picked up by November 14th!
11. Winners for each category will be determined by a committee appointed by the Port Orchard Bay Street Association. Judges decisions are final.
People’s choice voting will begin October 23rd, so get your display up by then for the most opportunities for votes! Fill out the registration form online at pobsa.com/scarecrow or download, fill out and return to firstname.lastname@example.org or drop off at:
Port Orchard Public Market at The Dock Bar & Eatery, Sue’s Juice Bar & Sandwich Shop
Get in Touch
PO Box 8581
Port Orchard, Washington